20.6.06

Back Again

The Title Wizard says I've used "Back" in a number of my titles. Not a huge surprise I guess, because isn't "back" the pattern of life? As I sag, aw no, come on, ease into a sage (!) 45, I am beginning to think that the Bhuddists have it right: you repeat events and mistakes until you get it right, and maybe that takes several lifetimes. It certainly seems that I, and other people I know who are struggling to change their lives, seem to repeat our issues endlessly. I used to find this depressing and sometimes still do while I'm in the midst of an AFGO (Another F***ing Growth Opportunity) but now I'm more able to look at it and sigh, "0h yeah, that again". Sometimes I even smile because I've just been reminded that my humanity is linking me with all the other humans I know and respect who also struggle.

I used to think I had to be perfect. Hell, there are still many times I fall into that thinking. See, that's one of my patterns!

No comments: