13.6.06

Whoa...

I wonder if I come across as terminally positive here? Am I ticking you off with some sort of goody two shoes act? I dunno. It's impossible to see how others see us.

CAUSE I HAVE GREAT NEWS!!!!

Our house sold!! It took 2 days. Yah, baby! Fuzz and I walked around in a daze for most of Saturday. That was it. No more "fluffing", obsessive cleaning up after ourselves, or any more of that crap. Sad to say that this was the cleanest our house every has been. But I kind of like it. It looks so uncluttered. It's good, because now we have to pack up, and we're moving into a smaller house. So, if I can keep that image of an uncluttered space during moving and reno stuff, it will give me the impetus to keep getting rid of stuff. Speaking of which, this afternoon I am going to take a series of digital photos of stuff so I can send it to various friends who may wish to buy or adopt stuff.

I'm freakin' amazed at how well this has been going. None of the awful stories I've heard of in real estate have been happening. Financing, legal stuff, all of it has gone through without much of a hitch, boom boom boom. And yesterday I bought a new fridge. Well, used, but gently used for a few years and half the original price. And it's just the fridge I wanted but didn't think I could afford yet. I actually was approached about it in an OA meeting. Turns out she was told I might need a fridge by another OA friend ---who I think I wrote about here before, the one who's been helping me pack up and clean in exchange for art lessons.

I keep thinking this is eerie evidence of a higher power at work, and best friend thinks it's time I bought a lottery ticket, but our higher power really does work through people. And a higher power works through me gettin' it out there: sharing with friends about my issues and fears, my problems, my joys. I've gotta get the whole deal "out" there. Basically, we're all part of this higher power. It's bigger than all of us, maybe, but it is essentially composed of all of us.

I've spent too much time in my life trying to function in my own little bubble. Yesterday I wanted to skip and jump for joy, and I had many different friends to do so with. It was magnificent. This is living.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Only 2 days, huh? That's fantastic! I'm sooo happy for you, Maggie! Sounds like you're doing wonderful right now.