26.11.05

One of THOSE mornings...

Ever had one of those days when you wake up suddenly with a sense of dread and you look at the clock and confirm that it is the exact time you are supposed to be somewhere else, an hour's drive away, not in bed?

This was one of those mornings. What to do but swear, yell at the clock, yell at the husband (default setting), but can't really blame Fuzzboy, because indeed he is not there, he is in the city having arisen at his proper time many hours previous, in the dark, to be at his conference at this exact moment, on time. Did he not reset the alarm or did I just sleep through it? Either is equally possible, since going on sick leave, I am quite capable of sleeping through the alarm...

This wasn't an earthshaking tragedy, but I really wanted to be at a jam session to work on the arrangement of a new song for our choir. What to do? Run around like a fool and get there, or just go back to bed and sulk, and sleep really late as someone prone to depression (me) tends to do when upset? Oh, and yes, it's snowing. Looks like 3 inches and more. Lovely to look at, murder on the road.

I decided to not be a perfectionist and go anyway. If I decided the workshop was out, there was always an OA meeting a couple of blocks away that I could actually So what to cut out of the morning routine? Teeth? No. Face wash, yes. Sniff yesterday's shirt. Good for another day. Stopped to warm up some steel cut oats. I can be late, but late and starving produces a real bitch on wheels, not a good thing to add to the circus on the highway. Threw together a chickpea sandwich and some ratatouille to take for lunch while the oatmeal was heating in the nuker. I've had dinner out nearly every night this week, my waist and my wallet can't take any more! Thank God Fuzzboy left me some coffee in the carafe. Even lukewarm is better than none.

The highway was greasy, but I slowed down and still I made it to the workshop for a couple of hours and it was fine. Just relaxed and contributed what I could, didn't get upset if my suggestions weren't taken. There's something to be said for not being such a damn diva all the time and just saying "Ok, this is the best I can do, I'm going to live with it." and getting on with it.

No comments: