13.11.07

Places to Go, Things to Buy!

Wish I could have finished that with "people to see" but no, I've got stuff to get done that of course entails seeing people, but I'm not going out with that express purpose. That being said, I've just talked with an OA friend and e-mailed two. The internet is endlessly useful for OA types but I'm old enough that I don't always think about it. I've got to try some of the online meetings again, because it's been a couple of years since I tried one and the technology wasn't nearly as good as now.

It's a lovely day so I hope to get one last day on the scooter. The weather forecast for the rest of the week is not looking good, rain and then lots of freezing temperatures, so I guess it's about time to put her away for the winter, alas. It's such fun but I don't want to get near ice on it.

How am I feeling? Quite good, actually. I'm going to give blood in a half hour, my second time. Until I had my hysterectomy I was always anemic enough that I couldn't donate, so it's a happy side effect. Then I have to do some shopping downtown for art supplies and birthday presents and cat food, then make a big pot of soup for lunch and some happy hours in the studio before going running. Yesterday I didn't get a lot of painting done but unearthed some old notes and color copies of paintings I really like and it brought up a lot of ideas about what I would like to paint next.

Then later today I'm meeting with my running group, and then an OA meeting. My food has been very quiet the last couple of days. I'm thinking it has to do with all the writing I've been doing here. Blogging is one of my OA program tools!

Some days, life just seems full of fun and promise.

No comments: