15.4.08

Grateful Despite Myself

I have a friend in Overeaters Anonymous who writes a fairly regular (maybe daily) gratitude list. It helps with complacency and maybe I should give it a try today. Let's try 5 things, just random stuff off the top of my head:

I'm grateful that Fuzz is taking care of himself enough to decide he needed a day off from work. The poor guy is upstairs in bed, he's exhausted.
I'm grateful for the woodpecker at the birdfeeder.
I'm grateful that rather than going to the gym last night for an hour and a half, I gave my sore muscles a break and spent the evening at home making my environment a happier place to be in: cleaning the butcher block of all the stray mail and detritus that gathers there, sorting out some papers, testing out paint samples for the kitchen, putting away shoes, just some tidying. It felt good.
I'm grateful for my studio downtown where I can do my messy work and I don't have to worry much about what I splatter or spill or stink up.
I'm grateful for my studio mate, J. She's very easy to get along with. My biggest worry with her is I've taken over too much of the space, but she doesn't seem to mind.
I'm also grateful that all the studios in our building are now occupied, hopefully keeping the landlord content and unlikely to kick us out for renovation anytime soon.
I'm grateful that I'm finally getting the knack of the Corel Painter program. I started using the Perspective tool yesterday. Handy!

Cool. That's six. Good enough Aha, there goes my Perfectionista: " Hmph! If you were really grateful, you'd do ten!" Oh, shut up.

I'm wondering what I am doing today that is fun? Well, going to the studio could be fun. But not that fun. Perspective is not fun, but it is satisfying when I can look at my finished paintings and enjoy that the perspective of the background works rather than detracts from the other stuff I find more important. Speaking of which, I think I'm going to work on that perspective now. Wow, I'm excited about perspective. Who knew?!


No comments: