4.12.05

Maybe I'm Not so Grumpy After All...


I'm usually a big Scrooge about Christmas (some day I'll tell you about the Big Pie Hullaballoo of '87 and maybe you'll understand better just why that may be), and it has something to do with people going so over the top about Christmas. Like my neighbours that put up and turn on their Christmas lights right after Hallowe'en, and all the pressure to acquire all this crap and find gifts for family who have completely different interests and values from us... and then there is the food... a real minefield for someone with a food addiction.

But then there are days like today that start crappy and then I spend the day shovelling the couple of inches of snow we got last night and bringing in firewood and making porridge and Fuzzboy puts up some Christmas lights, and I feel like a kid again.

No comments: