28.12.05

Support Network

Here are some people I'm thankful I've had supporting me in changing my life:

Other sufferers in Overeaters Anonymous and Alcoholics Anonymous who share but don't tell or nag. My partner who is patient, kind, and joyful. My caring and kind sponsor who I go for months not seeing but whose experience is so useful and who amazes me in how her life story mirrors mine. Two very different therapists who have helped see how I can be kinder to myself. Friends that understand that I'm not weak, I suffer from a disorder. A encouraging personal trainer who although a life long athelete, seems to have a great understanding of what a middle aged woman physically active for the first time in her life is going through and cares for my health, not pushing me into an injury.

I'm also thankful for kids and animals that live for Now.

No comments: