30.12.05

Don't ask ME for Wisdom

Ok, I've gotta make this short. I have to chair an Overeaters Anonymous meeting in the morning. Wait, it is the morning. Ok, ok, so I have to chair in, um, 10 hours. What the heck am I going to say? Do I have to say anything? There's a 2 minute space where the chair "qualifies"... what do they say, share Experience Strength and Hope, something like that... I'm definitely feeling short of ESH right now. Let's be honest, I just eked it through a couple of holiday parties short of having a binge. But I didn't. But it feels like I'm white knuckling it.

I've been feeling low the last couple of days. Post Christmas droop? Jeez, I didn't feel great leading up to Christmas in the first place.

I'm feeling responsible for this meeting tomorrow, but I think I need to remember I ain't. Take the load off my shoulders and give it up to the order of life to figure out, because I sure don't have the answers. If all else fails I can simply say, glad to be here, and leave it at that.
Reach out to some people after the meeting for some support.

No comments: