18.1.06

My New Fave Drug - Exercise... or Blood??




Last night's sucky mood didn't improve this morning, and lasted well into the afternoon. I was an absolute slug. Everything looked bleak and hopeless. "I'm never getting better, why do I even try?" I thought.

Didn't phone nobody, didn't feel capable of doing anything of any value. Gave up. Drank coffee, watched Oprah, played video games. Finally hoisted my sorry ass out of bed and got it into the gym, because I had a community choir practice later and I had to do the gym then or not this day, but still feeling fairly sluggy. Ran for about a half hour and then did my weight routine. Still feeling bleahhhh....

By about 4:30, I was in the shower (ahhh, say my sore muscles) when suddenly, my mind clicked in. Things looked much better, not hopeless any more. Why? I don't know. The pride of having had a good workout? Endorphins? Survived the day and looking toward supper? Maybe I'm a vampire and just cheer up after dark? Hm, I do wear a lot of black...

I like that last idea best!

No comments: