31.3.06

A Funny Day

And not just because tomorrow is April Fool's. It was funny wierd. Yesterday I did lots of good writing, thinking and reading, but today I was pretty sluggy. I did do some writing yesterday on my sadness over some old stuff with my parents, and I think that today my brain was doing everything it could to not think about it. I think it needs some more writing and then a talk with my sponsor, but maybe not today.

I did get a short walk in before it started to pour, and I cooked a tasty nutritious supper, when what I really craved was a big old F-It-It's-Friday pizza. I held off on the pizza because I had a burger and fries Wednesday, and tomorrow I'm going out for lunch. The lunch is at a restaurant I'm not overly fond of; it's one of those big middle of the road chain restaurants. You know, it does nothing really well, but a lot of stuff ok. It's convenient for a bunch of us after my OA meeting tomorrow, and I know I can get a reasonable entree and a salad while enjoying the company of my friends.

Tomorrow is my "official" OA 1st year celebration and a member who has a lot of experience in OA is the guest speaker. She's a smart, thoughtful woman, and I'm looking forward to hearing it, and hopefully I won't be too nervous to listen and be present. Wow. I can't believe I have gone for a whole year without any binge eating - wait, 15 months, my year passed in January.

Thanks to Tiffany I've been on the lookout for hyacinths on sale and bought four a few days ago. Two blue and two white, and they smell wonderful! Maybe today hasn't been so bad.

I'm enjoying the writing of Jonathan at Skinnydailypost.com. He comes up with some pretty good thoughts about his/our struggle with food.

No comments: