30.3.06

Is it Just Me, or Is That Pillow Looking Damn Tasty?

I checked in with my family doctor on Tuesday to see how my abdomen was recovering from the hysterectomy, now about 7 weeks post-op. She liked the look of my incision, poked and prodded my belly a lot and then said that due to the fact I had developed 3 hematomas post-op (internal bleeds), I should take it easy for another month. That means no heavy lifting or anything to stress the abdomen much, and she specifically mentioned sit-ups or running, and suggested swimming instead.

Rats. I'm not very good at swimming, and I hate changing my exercise habits. I hate change period. Sigh. Well, tomorrow I'll give it a try. Another F***ing Growth Opportunity (AFGO), how I hate them.

Life slowwwly returns to normal. Because I've had a lot of appointments and meetings this week in the city about 40 minutes drive from here, I've been getting up and going in with Fuzz when he goes to work there, and thereby saving on the gas of running both cars. But I've been sleep deprived because of this: I'm a night owl and he has to get up at 6.

For three days I noticed I was REALLY hungry. Lunch seemed like nothing, I wanted brownies and cookies. Then I realized: of course, I'm tired, and when I'm tired, I get hungry. Then I happened on this 2 year old article at Web MD about studies linking lack of sleep to obesity.

Hm. Yup. It fits. So, the last couple of days my schedule has been more open, and I'm still on sick leave. I'm sleeping like a mad fool, and the cravings are much, MUCH quieter. Being on sick leave, I'm starting to realize that I have to be more conscious of my recovery in that other area, recovering from the chronic disease that threatens to kill me, my eating disorder.

I recommend naps highly, I think they are much more important to my state of mind than a clean ________ (fill in whatever household area looks like it should take presidence over a good nap). Bon Nappetite!

No comments: