4.3.08

The Continuing Adventures of FM...

I'm just getting over a nasty virus that did the circuit of my head and chest, and I also got way too caught up with some volunteer activities this weekend that, surprise surprise, involved me organizing the food to feed 160 hungry choristers. Food ended up taking over my whole day. Well, not really. Part of the problem was I was a little too sick to sing, so maybe it was that it gave the food the opportunity to take over more than it would have otherwise. A lesson learned, or rather, RE-learned again for the hundredth time: keep the food in its proper place. That's the nature of my disease: selective amnesia.

Anyway, here's the next installment of Fat Maggie.... Our story so far: I started this in 2006 when I was suffering from a mild to moderate depression, and feeling very artistically blocked. So, I went back to the cartooning I used to do when I was a teenager, trying to combine drawing and writing a journal to help shed light on my issues. Today we have a glimpse about how hard it is to be an earnest artist trying to sell what is essentially oneself in a tough world...


No comments: