21.3.08

One Foot in Front of the Other

Some days I don't feel like continuing, but I just keep putting one foot in front of the other, sometimes literally, say if I'm exercising or reluctantly dragging myself to exercise, or sometimes metaphorically, say, well, here. This is my personal work, and it's important, because even if not many people look at this blog, it's mainly for me. Keeping me out of the "existential angst" as a friend of mine observed this morning as the place we so often get mired up. I guess that can be seen as a possible pitfall of the "artistic" temperament. Maybe that's the problem with many of us COE's (Compulsive Over Eaters)... we're artistic temperaments caught in a world that is hopelessly wedded to the concrete.

So I gotta do the footwork, which feels like I'm humouring myself. But the alternative seems to be greater or lesser degrees of misery. So... putting it that way, if the alternative is to do some writing here, then go into the studio for a couple of hours, it seems li
ke an ok tradeoff. So what if I'm not making much money right now? We're getting by. No cartoon today, I want to spend the time painting this afternoon. I don't think... alright, well, let me see how long it would take to post one...

And again, it takes me two hours to clean up, arrange and pos
t a cartoon. Oh well, I still have time to get a couple hours in the studio. Enjoy...

No comments: