6.3.08

Just Call Me Craphead

I've been dealing with a lingering bad mood, a funk that flourished in the light of this virus I've been recovering from, but not recovering from fast enough for me. It's been over a week, and I'm mostly normal, but still a bit draggy. It feels like a lot of negative feelings, resentments and fears have been able to flourish because I'm not busy enough working or working out. I feel like I have a real head full of crap. Dealing with that crap without resorting to food is what I think of when well meaning professionals talk about when they mention "coping strategies" to deal with life when you're trying to survive an eating disorder. The people in OA would say "Time to do step work."

Blech. I hate stepwork, but I've gotta stop behaving like a sick person and shovel through the shit if I want to get rid of it. To paraphrase Paul Anka, "resentments, I've had a few..." Unfortunately, I can't spill them all here. Maybe some of them eventually, but it's a little too private. So I have to do that offline.

Instead, how about another installment of the Continuing Adventures of Fat Maggie...




No comments: