22.2.08

Allowing Myself to Waffle

Waffle, so I don't EAT waffles!

I went to my group therapy session this morning, and I was thinking that this would be the day I withdrew from the group. Well, I'm not so sure any more. And, even more difficult, I'm going to try to NOT beat myself up over not making a decision immediately. I'm going to give that decision more time, because this morning went well, and I didn't resent the two hours I spent there. And I realize that I work in an isolating field (studio artist) and have a tendency to isolate beyond that. So, I'll give it some more time before making a decision. I waste much more than two hours daily watching TV. This morning I was reminded that I do learn things about myself through other's sharing so it's still worthwhile.

This afternoon I was trying to decide whether to go to the gym or do this. And I settled on this. I ran with my group last night and I was sore enough going to bed that I took a muscle relaxant and ibuprofen so I would be able to sleep, so taking a day off from the exercise is actually more healthy than doing it. I take at least a day off each week, so it can be today. Then I'll hit the gym tomorrow afternoon. It's usually less busy then, anyway. But it's funny how I feel rather guilty about not going today. Or maybe it's that I enjoy the feeling after a workout, kind of a cleansed feeling. Guess it's the endorphins.

I guess working through other stuff just doesn't give one the endorphin rush. But I need some balance here, so best spend some more time on what I need to do. Back soon, hopefully with a more "graphic" post. You'll see...




No comments: