7.2.08

Draggin' my Knuckles...

I figure I've spent at least 6 hours shovelling this week, and my arms feel both really long, and soooorre... All this snow is great, but I'm running out of places to put it. But otherwise, I like shovelling. Honest. It feels great to look back at what I've done. We've got over two feet of snow on the ground, so once you've moved some, you can really see it. Not instant gratification, but fairly instant. Feels much more rewarding than vacuuming. Worth the sore shoulders, wet feet and cold thighs. And then I get to be justified in coming in and collapsing in a chair and enjoying a nice long coffee. And oh boy, in ten minutes I have to get changed to go running in it! I must be nuts! What was your first clue? Even I think I'm nuts.

I'd slack off but I know there are going to be at least two other people at the meeting place, so I want to meet up with them. Misery in numbers, and all that crap. Ow... thank god I don't have to lift anything while I run...Well, the nice thing about being sore is you know you're alive. And when I get home I can plop down on the couch and be a potato for the rest of the evening.

I haven't been doing as much writing as I feel I should, but I did spend a lot of time playing with my paint programme today, and I think I'm close to the final design for my newest painting. I'm learning how to utilize the layers and getting some pretty exciting results. It feels like cheating, because I'm manipulating my photos, but at least they are my photos... people like Damien Loeb are regularly sued for appropriating other's photos for their paintings.

Ok, gotta go layer up... me, not the composition. Anyone seen my tights?

No comments: