14.2.08

Just Type, Dammit!

This morning has been a classic case of Internet Time-Wasting Syndrome. There's something very Rube Goldberg-esque about my path through the internet; 1) read favorite comic strips, 2) check New York Times and Kingston Whig Standard headlines, read a couple of stories, oops look at review of new 2nd Ave Deli location... mmm chopped liver...look up proper pronunciation of kreplach vs. rugelach. Read and write posts on Chowhound about the smoked duck I bought @ Costco, including artistic license (aka little white lie) about resorting to scotch when trying to figure out what to do with duck whom I christened Murray, even though I don't drink any more... Look up the time of the improv show we're going to tonight--- nothin says romance like LMAO... answer e-mail, oh great another choir task to do... look up lyrics to Lydia the Tattooed Lady and look at sheet music possibly for choir or at least for our in-house coffee house in a couple of weeks, checked out the YouTube Muppet Show version with Kermit and a porcine exotic dancer... look up recipe for duck confit...but maybe I should look up rilettes...

And in the midst of all that, BF popped in for a chat, had coffee, made duck stock, and made lunch. Then called shrink. And I wonder why I don't get started at work until almost 3 pm! I've obviously been busy! The internet can be a real time waster, it's like living in your head, and because nobody reads this stuff, you just get a bigger brain to live in!

No comments: